Senior Technical Safety Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Senior Technical Safety Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience5 – 10 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Oil and Gas / Energy Safety and Environment / HSE
Job ID: 124243BR_EN
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
- Provide Hazard & Risk Safety Management and Process Technical Safety Engineering leadership and support to Assa North Projects, to enable the embedding of Goal zero.
- Support reviews to help the client to establish fit for purpose and cost-effective approaches to technical safety engineering and asset operability and integrity. Deliverables (Technical Safety Review, Desktop Safety Review) will address technical and operational issues in a way that is fully integrated with the management of other business risks and activities.
- This includes work with HEMP principles including ALARP demonstration via various techniques including QRA, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) as applicable, and deliver specific related process safety services to producing assets:
- Process Technical Safety support to Production Operations.
- Support Process Technical Safety (HEMP studies) Studies
- Provide support, challenge and expert advice, relating to Design Integrity, Technical Integrity and Operating Integrity during the Operate phases of the asset life cycle.
- Execute HEMP studies to support Projects
- Provide specialist advice and support to Assets on requirements on HSSE Cases and the associated HEMP studies (HAZID, HAZOP, Bow-Tie, FIREPRAN, etc) supporting these HSSE Cases
- Provide ad-hoc Process Safety support to Projects (i.e. HAZOPS, risk assessments and incident investigations etc as required
- Advice and acknowledge Facility Status Reporting deviations on Safety Critical Elements
- Screen and/or Review FSR deviation/ E-MoC to support timely Technical Safety input to assure proper Risk Management in the Management of Change Process
- Hazardous Area Classification Review: Support HAC, ensuring timely Process Safety/Technical Safety input
- Support Process Safety Incident Investigation
- Knowledge sharing in Process Safety/Technical Safety and provide on-the-job coaching to Junior Process Safety Engineers
- Provide/support LODs assurance such as 5 Yearly PSR and process safety LOD1s.
- HSE risks Management:
- HAZID organisation/facilitations/contribution
- Hazard analysis using Bow Tie
- Risk Assessment contribution/facilitation/training
- ALARP demonstration process
- Management of Change
- Major Hazards Management
- Physical Effect Modelling (using FRED software)
- Support Quantitative Risk Assessment(QRA) review
- Provide support for Emergency Response.
- Good knowledge of oil and gas business and its process safety aspects. Technical Engineering or Advanced Science degree with 5 – 10 years relevant experience. Broad experience with EP, experience with Safety risk aspects of EP and/or management experience within OpCo environment. A degree in safety risk engineering would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of the business risks.
- Good knowledge of the EP standards.
- Knowledge in use of Design safety tools such as QRA, SIL, FIREPRAN, HSE Cases, Bowties, HAZID, Fire & Explosion modelling, dispersion modelling, HAZOP, Layout reviews, etc.
- Good understanding of business aspects of HSE in the short and long term
- Strong focus on Enterprise First (ensuring close connection and alignment with other Shell Businesses
- Passion, drive and commitment for HSE performance excellence
- Team player
- Good analytical ability and keen sense of reality.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.