The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships offer an exciting opportunity of funding for students who are ordinarily resident in one of Standard Bank’s African presence countries, with a preference for residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
Application Deadline: 26th April 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries preferably residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
To be taken at (country): London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), UK
Eligible Field of Study: The scholarships are for offer holders on the following LSE master’s programmes:
- MSc Environmental and Development
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance (full-time)
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc African Development
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
Eligibility: These scholarships are designed to provide the opportunity for students who currently do not have the financial means to pursue further studies of this nature.
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will provide £30,000, towards the fees for the programme and the remainder towards living costs.
How to Apply: To apply for LSE funding for programmes beginning in September 2018, you must:
- – Submit your application for the programme (See how to apply for graduate study at LSE in the Scholarship Webpage link below)
- – Submit your Graduate Financial Support Application Form via the Graduate application tracker
- – Receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional)
by 5pm UK time on 26 April 2018.
Please complete Section G: Personal Statement of the Graduate Financial Support Application Form in order to be considered for any other LSE Scholarships for which you meet the criteria. If you only wish to be considered for the Graduate Support Scheme, you do not need to complete the personal statement.
The outcome to your Graduate Support Scheme application will be displayed after you have received an offer. Successful applicants selected for other LSE Scholarships or awards will be notified by email by the end of July 2018.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Award Provider: Standard Bank of South Africa Plc
Important Notes: If you complete the LSE Graduate Financial Support Application form, you will also be considered for support from the LSE Graduate Support Scheme. Being unsuccessful with your application to the Graduate Support Scheme does not preclude you from being considered for other awards such as this one.