Applications are accepted for the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria for grants and research promotion for Undergraduate, Masters & PhD students. Scholarships are also awarded for research periods at scientific research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive).
Country of origin: all (except Austria)
Target country: Austria
Area of study or research:
Human Medicine, Health Sciences
Type of grant: grants, research promotion
Detailed type of grant: semester and/or one-year grants, research grants
Target group: undergraduates, graduates & postgraduates
Funding organisation: OeAD-GmbH on behalf of and financed by the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria
Eligible for application are
– descendents of forced labourers (regardless of their country of origin)
– or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
Students meeting the above mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
– on their bachelor thesis
– on their diploma or master thesis
– or their dissertation.
No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
Doctoral students: 40 years (born on or after September 1, 1977)
for other students: 35 years (born on or after September 1, 1982)
The quota depends on the budget
Grant benefit paid:
1) monthly scholarship instalment: 1.050 EUR
2) accident and health insurance: if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
3) The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
4) Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
Application Deadline: September 1st 2017
Further information: At the OeAD:
Mag. Teresa Karamat : email@example.com
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Austria Government Scholarships 2017/2018