Principal Mechanical Static Engineer – Deepwater Projects at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Principal Mechanical Static Engineer – Deepwater Projects
- Job TypeFull Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 – 15 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Fieldm Engineering / Technical Oil and Gas / Energy
Job ID: 125197BR_EN
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
- To provide leadership and specialist expertise on static and rotating equipment engineering, with TA2 accountabilities, for project and assets to achieve compliance to Process Safety, HSSE and Quality standards.
- To Supervise and coach assigned Mechanical Engineering SGP and SATP engineers, Industrial Trainees and Interns to attain expected levels of competence.
- To Assist the Regional Discipline Lead – Mechanical Engineering, in managing the health of the mechanical engineering skill pool and deliver the mechanical engineering improvement plan target.
Includes, but not limited to the following:
- Lead Mechanical Engineer responsible for providing mechanical engineering leadership, expertise and assurance services for the Dry systems on Bonga FPSO and various Tie-Back and brownfield projects.
- Create demonstrable value for customers by understanding their drivers and critical success factors.
- Provide effective interfaces and relationships within/between disciplines, and peers in other P & T teams.
- Execute, with assigned resources, technical work for FEED and Detailed Designs (designs, specifications, drawings, etc.) and Operations Support within designated CTR scopes.
- Ensure own discipline engineering and design work successfully delivered and appropriate reviews conducted.
- Carry out appropriate discipline and inter discipline checks and reviews of engineering and design work.
- Contribute to the development of execution contracting strategies that compliment designs, construction methods and operating methods.
- Drive best practices implementation of static and rotating equipment strategies on the Asset.
- Remain engaged in design issues and decisions throughout construction, commissioning and start-up.
- Capture/apply internal and external learning, including HSE improvements.
- Deliver continuously improving performance, benchmarked as top tier in the industry.
- Ensure the quality of technical work and the technical integrity, constructability, functionality, safe operation and reliability of designs.
- Contribute to excellent HSE performance throughout the engineering phase of the project life cycle
- Lead or participate in relationships with various industry groups and external service providers.
- Participatory review of engineering standards and procedures.
- Identify new technologies for use in the mechanical engineering discipline and contribute to deployment in the business.
- Contributory participation in mechanical engineering discipline networks.
- Provide support to the Head, Mechanical Engineering to establish a qualitative delivery capacity for mechanical engineering scopes in projects.
- Champion application of Requirement Management and System Engineering initiatives for project specifications and contractors’ activities on static and rotating equipment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) with 15 years post graduate experience in engineering with at least 10 years working as a mechanical static engineer in project delivery environment (including familiarity with mechanical static and Rotating Equipment engineering tools); Skilled in the use of mechanical simulation tools e.g., CAESAR II, PV Elite, HTRI, ANSYS, etc
- COREN Registered or in the Registration Process. (Not Negotiable)
- IMechE Registered or in the Registration Process (Non-Commencement of Registration may be waved, but will be required going forward)
- Previous experience leading mechanical engineering team in detailed design and execution of Mega Projects
- Demonstrable experience in interfacing with other engineering disciplines including Process and Structural
- Skilled in the use of industry codes and standards
- Knowledge of construction and integration issues in Deepwater development
- Experience with or understanding of Operations and Maintenance work process is an advantage.
- Experienced in Field/facility engineering and technical safety/risk engineering.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills, know-how of planning, economics and auditing.
- Strong conceptual, innovative, and systems thinking ability
- Team player, self-motivated, coaching skills, persistence, with ability to think outside- the- box.
- Visibly demonstrate personal and company HSE commitment.
- Must have ability to work with and influence multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
- Demonstrated capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.