Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality. Our operational headquarters is located the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria. Dangote Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Flour Milling, Manufacturing of Pasta (Spaghetti & Macaroni), Operation of Cement Terminals, Port Operations, Noodles Manufacturing, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Engineer Officer of the Watch
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Business: Oil & Gas
The responsibility includes, but are not limited to:
- All machinery during the watch.
- To supervise Motorman on same watch.
- Responsible to keep logbooks updated with regards to items occurred during his watch.
- To prepare handover report to next shift and to give a copy to the Chief Engineer.
- Reporting breakdowns in accordance with the company policies
- Responsible to the Chief Engineer for the promotion of SHE activities ie safe-working practices, training and monitoring within the engine room.
- Responsible to the Chief Engineer for implementing the Engine Room Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedule and ensuring that plant and machinery are maintained to a standard acceptable by Class and Company.
- The Second Engineer is responsible for implementing and performing the Company SMS.
- An important component of his HSE activities is the promotion of the principles of Risk management and the use of the Risk Registers, Tool-Box meetings, Job-Hazard analyses, PTWs and correct PPE, and the continuous monitoring of Hazards on board the vessel.
- He is required to make pre-sailing reports to the Chief Engineer concerning the status of machinery, plant and equipment of the vessel and also on the personnel under his supervision.
- The Second Engineer is responsible for supervision of the staff within his area of responsibility and has to ensure that assigned maintenance activities are properly and safely carried out as instructed by the Chief Engineer.
- Maintaining essential services in case of emergency.
- Assisting and performing all duties delegated by the Chief Engineer.
- Reporting on used spare parts and advise the Storekeeper timely about stock variations
- Carrying out watch keeping duties in the engine room when required.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Must be Duly certified by NIMASA in compliance with STCW 95 as amended, all certificates validity must be within 6 months, and minimum 3 years of experience on the position applied for and at minimum of 6 years seafarer recorded on the seaman’s book.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website. Click link below to apply now >> Engineer Officer of the Watch