IBFD Centre for Studies in African Taxation (CSAT) Scholarships 2018 (Full Tuition for Advanced Master’s in International Tax Law & Six-month internship with IBFD in Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Once a year, IBFD awards a scholarship through its Centre for Studies in African Taxation (CSAT). CSAT is an integral part of IBFD, an independent not-for-profit foundation that provides high-quality information and education on international taxation. Open to employees of African tax authorities, the CSAT Scholarship is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Established in 2015, CSAT is a fully autonomous think tank dedicated to the study and development of African taxation.In 1938, the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD), was established as a small centre staffed by 4 researchers. The purpose of this bureau was to supply information concerning (the application of) tax law and to stimulate the development of tax science. From that day, IBFD has steadily grown into what it is today: the world’s foremost authority on cross-border taxation.
- Has been an employee of a tax authority for at least three years
- Has a university degree in law, economics or business administration and a proven interest in tax law
- Is proficient in the English language
- Is willing to actively participate in the classroom
- Has an open mind towards different cultures
- A letter from the employer confirming the employment status and that the applicant will return after completion of the scholarship
- Grades obtained by the applicant in his or her first degree
- Whether the applicant has demonstrated international mobility by pursuing a joint university study programme or has previously been granted an award to study outside his or her home country
- Whether the applicant has published articles related to tax law in an academic journal and the quality of those articles
- Other academic achievements
- Full tuition fees for the UvA-IBFD Advanced Master’s in International Tax Law (LLM programme)
- A six-month internship at IBFD’s headquarters in Amsterdam upon completion of the LLM
- A monthly stipend for living expenses for the duration of the scholarship
- Upon successful completion of the LLM programme, the scholarship will then progress with a six-month internship at IBFD’s headquarters, also based in Amsterdam. Here you will work with, and continue to learn from, our core team of nearly 200 experts from over 40 countries.
- This core team liaises daily with a global network of authors and correspondents to maintain IBFD’s position as the pre-eminent authority on cross-border taxation. Throughout the duration of the CSAT Scholarship, the successful candidate will also receive a small monthly stipend towards living expenses.