How To Obtain Export License In Nigeria.


Before you start any export business in Nigeria, it is advisable you obtain a licence from relevant government agencies saddled with the issuance of licences to exporters.

Having a licence allows you to legally carry out shipment of commodities approved by government.
There are two government agencies vested with the power to grant export licences in Nigeria. They are: The Nigeria Export promotion council (NPEC) and Federal Ministry of Solid minerals development.

NEPC is saddled with the responsibility of issuing out export licences for agricultural commodities and manufactured goods while the Federal Ministry of Solid Minerals Development is responsible for granting licences for extraction and exportation in Nigeria.

NEPC Contact Addresses

Below are contact addresses of these government agencies:
Head office – Export House, Kumba Street, Wuse Zone 2, Abuja.
Zonal Office – No.13/15 Oladipo Oluwole Street, Apapa, Lagos, 

Tel: 01-5460027, 5872335.
Head Office – Federal Secretariat building, 5th Floor,  PMB 107, Suleja, Abuja

Requirement for Obtaining Export License

Here are the registration requirements and procedures you have to follow in order to obtain a licence from NEPC for the export of Cashew nuts, Ginger roots, Cocoa, Charcoal and others:
1.Your business must be duly registered as a limited liability company (LTD) with the Corporate Affairs commission (CAC) and you must tender a copy of your company’s certificate of incorporation as evidence.
2.You will have to purchase an application form for registration form NEPC at the cost of just N1, 000 only.
3.The completed application form must be submitted to their office with the sum of N10, 000 as processing fees. The total cost of this registration is N11, 000 only.
4.After your registration is approved, a license issued to you. This normally takes at least one week.
You can register online at NEPC website.

Requirement for Obtaining Solid Minerals Export licence

To get information on solid minerals export license, by visiting the website of the Federal Ministry of Solid Minerals Development.
When you are through with your registration and have obtained the export licence then, you are free to do business legitimately.
But please, take time to find out those commodities and items listed as prohibited by the government. Knowing them will keep you out of trouble.
I wish you all the best in your business.

53 / 100
(Visited 143 times, 3 visits today)


  • Emele chidi.p says:

    Hellow sir, i am interested in export foodstuff commodities. I want know if cashew nuts, palmoil, snail, honey and charcoal are prohibited items by law. I can source them easily for export. Thank you.

  • mr Atolagbe Abdulmalik says:

    will be glad if any information on how to obtained a licence for food export ,content like, semo , vegetable, yam flour, bean

  • david peter says:

    Hello sir , what are the procidure for register

  • UWEM EFFIONG says:


  • Adamu Abubakar Saje says:

    I like and appreciated NEPC, I am satisfied. I’ll likely join export business. Thanks

  • Otesile ibukun says:

    Good morning sir. I would like a one on one discussion with you. Pls you can reach me on 07037618998 on send ur no via email. God bless you.

  • peculia says:

    Good morning sir, I will to export food items. Please contact me on 08096916101

  • oyelakin olujide junior says:

    Am a beginner willing to start these business pls help me am a student of federal university of agriculture my number; 08165701442

  • adesua says:

    If am to export cashew nuts out of 9ja, how do i get international buyers

  • Ezikpe Uba A. says:

    How can I get buyer for cashew nut, ginger root, charcoal and cassava in abroad.

  • JossyUch says:

    God bless you real good for this info, l ‘ve been searching everywhere for this procedure. But pls one more thing, after one has overcomes the Nigerian export license, how do one get legitimate buyers abroad, l mean companies that will buy the good over there.

  • Charles vitus says:

    Pls confirm export procedure and contacts oof Nigerian foods and spice buyers overseas…

  • neettah says:

    It’s rily nt fair cos small scale business won’t be able to export goods it shouldn’t be only limited liability company

  • toyemo agro allied nigeria limited says:

    i will be glad i can get explicit information on how to obtain license and also start exportion of my produce like groundnut, cowpea, soyabean, sesame, ginger and others

  • funmi ale-daniel says:

    Please sir, how can I obtain import licence for food products like fruit juice?

  • Ade kolade says:

    How can I get buyers for cassava products

  • Douglas Dibiaezue says:

    Please Sir how can we source for buyers of agro allied products and charcoal. Thanks Awaits your kind response.

  • sanusi i says:

    how can i get loan to start solid minerals business in nigeria

  • Ajayi lanre says:

    I will like to find out were I can alive Shall on cocoa export. My nos. Is 07039394647. Thanks

  • Nwoko Patience says:

    We need your email address please. do you have offices at the state levels?

  • Nwoko Patience says:

    I am into food processing and am interested in exporting my goods. do we have the Nigerian export processing council offices at the states level? if there are address is needed please.

  • James says:

    Hello Sir, please I will like to know how can I obtain import Licence for food product like stock fish.
    Thank you

  • Oma Zaroff says:

    Thank you so much Sir , for this wonderful platform. I have really gathered so much information right here. I am an undergraduate and . I want to start exportation of bittercola and later palmoil, so Pls I want to know if NEPC have any office in the east.,(Owerri to be precise) Or is it only in Abuja? Are The paper wraps and cartons for packaging of bittercola usually customized or just plain wraps. can N50,000 serve as startup capital for ( bitter cola)?
    Are there organisations that provide loans /business capital for young enterpreneures ? thank you once more. expecting your respond.

    • Akwadedon Hill says:

      Please, I really want to know where to source for sesame seeds and foreign buyers to market the product.

  • mutiu ojediran says:

    please what are the doc requires for obtain licence for Gari?

  • Odofin Olusegun says:

    Am interested in kola nut export, how do I get foreign buyer

  • Harrison ikino says:

    Sir/ma,can enterprises export. Thanks

  • Rotimi Gbadegesin says:

    Sir,I hope for Nigeria to reduce her unemployment certain policy has to be amended.e.g to export businesses you asking for Ltd or unltd liability company, partnership,cooperative, etc meanwhile this export business can be done on a small scale. To register a company name is expensive. Pls sir dont make thing difficult for Nigerians. Let the people at the top know what Nigerians are going through. A friend has a registered company name which ends with “Enterprise” and they say he do business with name. Pls help him out.

  • Fimienye Ebilene Abel says:

    I have a registered business name and I’m ready to commence exportation of Bitter kola. Now I’m held down with this outrageous demand for a Ltd company. So what do I do now?

Leave a comment