YOUWIN Nigeria 2012 Business Grant for Women: Application Closes in 8days Time
YouWin Nigeria latest Update: YouWin Nigeria first round Application submission closure has been extended from on the 15th. to 28th. October 2012. Friend please take advantage of this extension to quickly register! To apply Read further
Have you apply for the YOUWIN Nigeria 2012 federal government N10million business grant for women in the country to start their own businesses.
NOTE: YOUWIN Nigeria 2012 Business Grant for Women: Application Ends in 8days Time
YouWiN! Stands for Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria. It is an innovative business plan competition aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas. The accomplishments of the 1,200 YouWiN! Awardees were celebrated at the Presidential Villa on April 12, 2012.
YouWiN! Women is the second edition of the entrepreneurial scheme which is designed for only female entrepreneurs aged 45 years or less.
NOTE: Sun. Oct 14, 2012: First stage business concept submission closes. No entries accepted after this date. Mon. Oct 15, 2012:
YOUWIN Youth Empowerment Programme 2012 Registration
Objectives of the programme
The main objective of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (You WiN!) Programme is to generate jobs by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas that will lead to job creation. The programme will provide aspiring youth with a platform to show case their business acumen, skills and aspirations to business leaders, investors and mentors in Nigeria.
Specific Objectives of YOUWIN Programme includes to:
• Attract ideas and innovations from young entrepreneurial aspirants from Universities, Polytechnics, Technical colleges, and other post-Secondary institutions in Nigeria;
• Provide a onetime Equity grant for 1,200 selected aspiring entrepreneurs to start or expand their business concepts and mitigate start up risks;
• Generate 80,000 to 110,000 new jobs for currently unemployed Nigerian youth over the three years during which the three cycles will be implemented;
• Provide business training for up to 6,000 aspiring youth entrepreneurs spread across all geo-political zones in Nigeria;
• Encourage expansion, specialization and spin-offs of existing businesses in Nigeria; and,
• Enable young entrepreneurs to access a wide business professional network and improve their visibility.
YouWiN is an equity contribution to your business. It is therefore NOT A LOAN but a grant.
Award recipients will be paid according to the needs of the business and specific mile-stones stated in the business plan.
Award recipients must be registered with CAC before disbursement of funds even though they do not need to be registered to apply. YouWiN will support the registration process.
Award recipients will operate accounts using their registered companies with any of the participating commercial banks prior to disbursement.
Award recipients must sign a grant agreement with the managers of YouWiN before disbursement of funds.
YOUWIN Nigeria 2012 Business Grant for Women: Application started Sun. Oct 14, 2012: First stage business concept submission closes. No entries accepted after this date. Mon. Oct 15, 2012:
Apply for the YOUWIN Nigeria 2012 Business Grant for Women HERE