How To Pay FIRS Tax Online in Nigeria.
The payment and collection personal and business tax is undoubtedly very crucial to the development of any nation. Therefore, every responsible Individuals and companies operating within a country is expected to pay certain amount of money as tax to the government, to build roads, provide water and electricity, run public schools and maintain the Army and police force etc.
Tax evasion in most developed countries of the world is considered a criminal offence and any body caught, is thus charged to court and sentenced accordingly.
Are you among those individuals and companies in Nigeria who don’t pay personal or business tax to the government giving one excuse or other?
Please, know that Tax evasion in Nigeria is also a criminal offence and now tax officials from the federal, state and local government in Nigeria have started ceiling up business premises whose owners refuses to pay tax to the government.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) of Nigeria has made the payment of personal and business tax very convenient for individuals and business owners. This new tax payment method involves making tax payment online using the FIRS official website.
So, what this means is that you can now seat in the comfort of your home and office, log on to their website and pay your business or personal tax without the usual tress involved in going to their office to pay. To pay your taxes to FIRS online below are the procedures to follow.
1. Go any FIRS office and register and get your own tax identification number (TIN).
2. To start the registration you need to go any FIRS office with the following.
3. Your certificate of business name registration or certificate of incorporation obtained from Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria CAC.
4. Go with Some documents which clearly show the address of where your business is located.
5. After the registration is completed you will be issued a TIN number (Tax Identification number).
6. This where the online payment system comes in, log on to FIRS website and register as a new user of online tax payer.
Click on this link to the complete process of paying your Tax online with FIRS Nigeria