Plantain chips production is one the easiest business you can start in Nigeria if you want to generate quick cash right at home.

The reasons why plantain production business is easy to setup is because plantain chips is a snacks widely eaten by all, the start up capital requirement is low, you don’t need to rent a shop and plantain is readily available in the country especially in the south/middle belt regions of Nigeria.With an initial start up capital of N15, 000, you can generate income of at least N10, 000/day when you are able to produce 1000 packets of plantain chips on daily basis. The street price for a small nylon pack of plantain chips sells for as much as N100 in Lagos and in other parts of Nigeria.
Therefore, to start your plantain chips production business In Nigeria, here are the requirements and the steps to follow.
REQUIRED CAPITAL TO START THE BUSINESS. With an initial capital of N15000 you can comfortably start the business
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT.
Plantain chips cutter or table knife.
Big fry pan.
Portable Nylon sealing machine.
Gas burner or kerosene stove.
Weighing scale.
REQUIRED PRODUCTION MATERIALS.
Some bunch of ripe or unripe plantain.
Vegetable Oil.
Table salt.
Sugar.
Plain packaging nylon or customized nylon
Printed label.

PRODUCTION PROCESS.
Peel the back of the plantain (ripe or unripe).
Cut or slice the already peeled plantain into small chips using your kitchen knife or plantain cutter.
Add some quantity of table salt or Sugar depending on what your customers will like.
Light your stove or gas burner, place your big frying pan and then pour in the vegetable Oil to get hot.
Start putting into the hot vegetable Oil some quantity of the sliced plantain to fry till it becomes slightly golden brown color before you packed them out and allow it to cool.
REQUIRED PACKAGING.
Now, you can start weighing the already fried plantain chips in 50gs each and then packed into your customized nylon or plain nylon with printed labels and get it ready for the market.
Plan Packaging Nylon or customize nylon
Printed labels
WHERE TO MARKET YOUR PLANTAIN CHIPS. You can start making money instantly as you introduce your plantain chips to relatives,friends and neighbors. Also, don’t fail to take your products to the numerous provision stores and schools in your area these are the places you will find people who will buy from you consistently.
NOTE. On your packaging nylon please, don’t forget to print your product name, address and phone numbers for easy contact by those you will want you to start supplying them in large quantity here in Nigeria.
Here is another profitable business opportunity for you to generate quick cash with little start up capital. Like they say opportunity comes but once,Hope you wouldn’t let this pass you bye again, because NOW, IS YOUR TURN TO MAKE IT.  Take all necessary steps and your dreams will surely become a reality.

Also, if you need practical training on how to make delicious plantain chips that will keep pouring money into your bank account in Nigeria, contact me using the comment box below.
Remain blessed.
Ojo

(Visited 6,215 times, 1 visits today)

27 Responses to How to Generate Quick Cash at Home by Producing Plantain Chips with Little Capital

1. joe lander says:

You’ve got great insights about find cash on the money machine, keep up the good work!

2. ola says:

This is great,will make sure I venture into this cause i’ve always wished to sell anything palatable and ofcourse I love plantain chips,thanks so much Ojo for bringing me to this.i so much appreciate. God bless u

3. gbemmy says:

I did like to venture into the business but how do I get a weighing scale and also a sealing machine. Pls will love to hear from you

4. Ada says:

Thanks for this exposition. It is really helpful and Am starting immediately. God bless you.

5. Ume says:

Thanks for this wonderful information I really appreciate it. Please do I need to register with any food regulatory body in Nigeria (Nafdac) before starting on a small scale? since I need to attach me label to. I want to start but can’t afford any reg fees for now (maybe later)

6. seriously, have been clamoring for this buh the only obstruction is lack of confidence and motivation. I really thank Mr. Ojo for building confidence in me and motivating me. buh I will also like to ask how can I get a sealing and weighing machine. I look forward to hear from you. thanks. Mr. Abdullah Habdulhameed

7. Deborah willie says:

Thanks for a job well done. Just a question and will be glad as I wait your response. Pls can MAGERINE (COOKING FAT) be use in frying the plaintain chips. Or can the MAGERINE be mixed with the vegetable oil to fry it for a more yellowish color? Thanks

8. gbenga says:

God bless you, you just made my day.

9. onisuru mike a says:

Pls thank you for making me see the reason to live,but I need the machine 08033763017

10. dealone says:

Please how can one get to you for more info.

thanks

11. Stella okafor says:

Thank you Mr mojo. I will like to have more training on this. Your contact and phone number.

12. philomena says:

Thanks. pls how do I get the machines especially the plantain cutter for a start?

13. Olaogun Funmilayo says:

Thanks 4 d write up Sir. Please I wish to learn it more. 08165304158.

14. Ama says:

Good! Well done. Please reach me.

15. juliet says:

thanks for the write up. will stove do the same magic as deep fryer? pls I want to learn more on how to produce it. thanks

16. Risikat says:

Thanks for this,i have been looking for this type of oppotunity,i will like to start soon

17. ify aro says:

What I need is how to get customised nylon where I can get it with low price

18. deola says:

thanks for the info.Pls I would like to take trainings on the preparation of chips.how do i contact you.

19. sewa says:

thanks for this god bless you my no. 08110028659

20. Good one Mr ojo,i need that training so to able to produce sweet plantain chip so what are the process

21. rita says:

Thanks for the info. pls is there anything added to the chips to preserve it, like some kind of preservatives? someone said preservatives are added to make it stay fresh and tasty for longer days.
    thanks.

22. Chukzy says:

Thanks ojo for sharing but I need more insights on preparing the chips in such a way that it does not turn out like dodo (soft and oily)

23. Helyn says:

Dear Mr Ojo,

Thanks for the information on how to start Plantain or Potato chips business.

Please how do i get the Chip cutter, Weighing Scale and Sealing Machine because i would love to start this business very soon. Can you train someone on this business.This is my num 09099352084 and email: helynukpe@yahoo.com.

24. Helyn says:

Pls i need training on Chips making and pastries.

25. Mof says:

I want to start production of plantain chips how do I learn it please. Thank you

26. Sir,am interested going into plantain chips production,but I didn’t know how to get the equipment.pls sir i need ur advise on how to get it.regard Benson okoro.warri delta state Nigeria.

27. dahunsi adetope says:

sir how can i use ripe plaintain for chips sir